Drones have definitely changed the way we have fun and do business. They are now used in our everyday lives to collect aerial data for manipulation and take beautiful photos and record amazing videos to upload to YouTube. In fact, lots of people are making a living using their powerful unmanned aerial vehicles or quadcopters that comes with advanced features. These newest machines are now able to communicate with a smartphone or any other hand-held device using a mobile app to transfer data in real time for streaming or other use. Companies like Amazon are building feasibility on whether to deliver packages via remotely controlled devices in future to increase business, save time and ensure timely delivery.
The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) has given clearance to a number of companies to use drones or unmanned aerial vehicles in order to carry out many of their business activities. They are allowed to collect data, conduct surveillance for security reasons, film or capture images, or inspect areas for finding oil and gas.
Making Money with Drone Videos
Videos made with the help of a drone can be extraordinary compared to the usual ground level footage. Search on YouTube and you will find thousands of high quality videos uploaded there by ordinary people who implemented a simple idea using a drone or quadcopter making it visit places where a human being cannot even think of going. Examples include live volcanic videos, amazing surfing videos, and a close-up inside view of beautiful fireworks.
Some entrepreneurs are making huge profits with the help of their drone videos. Since these drones are available on the market for as low as $100 a lot of people are taking interest in exploring ways to earn money. First you need to build a YouTube channel and apply marketing strategies to monetize it. The most common and easiest way to do this is place in-video ads by registering with YouTube advertising program.
Before you start making money with a drone, you first need to purchase a machine that suits your requirements and allows you to make high quality videos. For this you will have to keep in mind a camera with an ability to shoot high resolution videos. In addition to this, you also need good video editing software to edit your videos and present something to people that they would enjoy tremendously.
Examples of Drone Uses in Business
Here are some common examples of drone use to conduct business or earn profit:
· Real estate photography – if you are in the real estate business you could boost your sales using high resolution aerial imagery of the properties you are targeting.
· Wireless internet – Drones are able to provide internet connectivity to remote areas where signals don’t reach from Wi-Fi hotspots. Companies providing wireless internet can benefit from this opportunity to increase their clientele and make more sales.
· Journalism and reporting – The best use of inexpensive UAVs has been seen in the news industry where reporters can make use of a drone to capture amazing footages especially in times of disasters like suicide explosions, earthquakes and hurricanes.
· Commercial photography – Photographers who are already in business can invest in a powerful drone to take their photography to the next level and leave behind their competitors with excellent and breathtaking aerial photos.
· Public service – Governments may employ powerful drones for conducting highway surveillance and report back to concerned authorities in case of an accident, mishap or any other incident. Similarly, drones can be used to survey wildlife and to count almost extinct species in order to save them.
· Agriculture – In the past, farmers and other people associated with agriculture were not known to use the latest technology to carry out their operations. However, now they have a golden chance to invest in their business by employing powerful drones to monitor the growth of their crops.
If you want to introduce drone technology to your already-running business, you’re going to need around $1,000 to get started. However, if you invest in the latest technology you are going to be more successful in your activities. People are ready to invest up to $100,000 in drones to take their business to the next level. With the passage of time and with improved technology, you would be able to integrate more powerful components and continuously grow your business.
Hurdles in the Way of Drone Technology
While all the above-mentioned prospects look promising, there are still some hurdles that need to be addressed before taking full advantage of this technology. First of all, if a company wants to deliver packages using a drone there will be a limit on weight of the parcel. Moreover, depending on the battery life a drone wouldn’t be able to fly for more than 20 to 30 minutes. So, parcels meant for addresses that are farther than this radius wouldn’t get delivered… without some system of transfer utilizing multiple drones or exchanging batteries mid route.
Moreover, if a drone is getting to its destination all alone it might encounter a power line on its way or come across a stray dog or cat. Children playing on the way can also interfere with its operation and hence pose security risk as well as risk of a damaged delivery. These types of losses would be quite common if drones were used today for parcel delivery. However, if steps are taken to minimize these risks and if stronger and more powerful machines with improved battery life could be made available to general public as well as large retailers, these hurdles can be overcome.
For some business ventures, there might be a few technology obstacles to get rid of before there could be a complete automated drone control, but some projects are already running quite successfully. Since the FAA announced a new set of rules and regulations regarding the use of unmanned aircraft for commercial use, a good number of businesses ordered custom-made drones for use in their business activities in order to increase sales, conduct inspection and mapping, and deliver products or machines at a good speed.